Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

What are the 5 things you would do if you are the Government of Singapore?

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Saturday, February 17, 2007 12:08 AM

This morning, aunties at the wet market had been cursing and swearing at the government over the Budget 2007. Basically, they were unhappy about the GST, but were happy about government giving them money again.

Think again, is the government doing enough to help its people? Not just about the Budget 2007, but other issues that people are concern as well. What would YOU do if you are the government? Thus, I came out with this “mimi” which allows you to be the government of Singapore.

What are the 5 things you would do if you are the Government of Singapore?

1. I would want female to serve National Service too. Males had wasted a lot of chances compared to females because of National Service. Some have to give up their scholarship; some have to get stuck in Singapore, separated with their family. Female get to work earlier than the males. Unfair isn’t it? Please don’t tell me life is unfair or female are too girly to be in the National Service. Females can be the National Service cook for the guy (the food still sucks), help with office work. Isn’t it great? I didn’t say ask them to march for 24km! After all, everyone have a part to play in defending Singapore.

2. I would also want to change education system and policy. Current system and policy, I can’t say it is not good, but there are rooms for improvement. I would also want students to study in Hi-Tech environment, using computers/ laptops to study. But of course it might lead to other problems, which I don’t really care much.

3. I would want to improve the working condition here. Nowadays people are lowly paid compared with our foreign talent. Local people overworked yet underpaid. I will implement some laws so that more jobs would be created and unload people’s work so that they have more time to spend with their family.

4. I would also implement a law that all married couples are to have sex every week no matter what. Okay, not exactly to have sex but to have at least a child after 5 years of marriage. This is to solve the population in Singapore. If not, we really have to ask foreign talent to have sex here in Singapore.

5. Last but not least, I would give Singaporean the freedom of speech. I don’t care their comments is directly shooting at my party (If I have one), but I believe comments will help my government to work harder and give the best to its people.

So, what are the 5 things you would do if you are the Government of Singapore?

1 Comments:

At 2/20/2007 11:27:00 PM

Lift the ban on firecrackers. All boys must learn to light firecrackers duing Chinese New Year to prepare them for army. 

Posted by Lam Chun See

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.