Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

Study

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:36 PM

It has been a long time since my last entry of this blog. No, not because I loss interest in blogging nor I have no topic to blog about. It is because that I am busy with my studies. I didn’t even have much time for SGEduLab.com.

To be honest, I am now afraid of books and studies. Image I am staying in school more than 12 hours just for studying, I think I will turn crazy one day. Thank goodness my hobby is studying (I know I am a weirdo) if not I think I will be unable to crop the stress and jump off the building.

Singapore, a knowledge based society. Sometimes make me wonder – in future, will we able to apply the stuff we learn in school in our life. What make that certificate so special that it will able to make you find a stable job. Sometimes I wonder why, why the syllabus objective is to make we, the student, to have interest in that particular subject but however, it turn out to be we are afraid of that subject.

Some of them said to me that I am good in my studies already. I no need to give myself so much stress. A person must know how to relax. But how to when Singapore system just only recognize the certificate and discriminate people who don’t do well in the studies but able to do much better things than those “educated people”. I sometimes pity them, cause every effort they made are not recognized.

That’s made me study harder, trying to get through it because I think that’s the only way of surviving in Singapore and hope one day through my dreams, I will change this system and made a better life for the students.

The job of a student: Study

(This blog post is posted directly by Microsoft Office 2007 using Word 2007, blogging function)

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2006 01:21:00 AM

I think the job of a student is to "learn". Don't like the word "student". Prefer "Learner". I also think that it's not so much the system that changes us, but the people influencing how the system works. Well, think about it -- all this chasing for good grades -- the "system" didn't really set out to say "you must score As" but it's really the many "students" who feel that they must do well and try their best to score. But then I wonder how many people really "learn". You can never apply what you have studied, but you can always apply what you learn. And what we ought to be learning is the ability to understand and absorb new things, identify and solve problems (not give known answers to known problems only). Anyway this is just my view. :) 

Posted by Ivan Chew

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.