Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

As Cockroach got his TA1 Result...

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:14 AM

Cockroach, together with cockroach’s mom had just checked my Term Assignment result online. My result is totally ridiculous.

Mom: Ai yo, ah boy, your result got improved and you did very well this time. Mama so proud of you… (Yes, she really said that)
Cockroach: I can do better than this!
Mom: Ai ya, can pass can liao lah. Why stress yourself? Latter all your white hair and pimple all come out.

Sometimes, other classmates and friends wish to have a parent like mine, who don’t give them stress and happy with all kind of result unless you bring them back an egg back home. But for me, I wish to have parent who will give me stress in my studies, will force me to do my homework and also, will not be happy with my result unless I get top in level. A parent who will send me to tuition from day to night with no resting unless I can prove that I can get 100/100 for all my exams, a parent who will take away my laptop and ban me from surfing blog until I get top in level. But sad to say, my parent is not what I wanted.

I still need improvement in order for me to climb to the top. I don’t want to fall; I don’t want to be a failure. I want to prove to others who said I cannot make it that I CAN DO IT! I need to do something to my English, Chinese and also do more practice on my accounts.

After talking for so long, I still haven’t told you’re my result. Click here or below to view the result.



13 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 10:19:00 AM

Wah... Your results is good lor... Unlike mine. =( 

Posted by todaealas

 
At 3/25/2006 12:23:00 PM

todaealas, where got?!?! I think I can do better than this if I study and pratices more. 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 3/25/2006 07:31:00 PM

Dear cockroach,
I am glad you did so well. Keep it up! I am sure you can do it. As they say where there is a will, there is a way. You are fortunate that your parents do not stress you. As long as you are self disciplined, you do not need a parent to breathe down your neck. Self motivation is better than a parent who keeps nagging you to study. Your parents should be proud of you. 

Posted by bloomwood

 
At 3/26/2006 09:54:00 PM

to improve ur language, do more extensive reading...... make it a habit to read the papers everyday... read newspaper with better language like friday weekly, zao bao... straits times..............dun read the new paper and wan bao 

Posted by wai foong

 
At 3/27/2006 10:35:00 PM

To improve your English you need to read more and write more. There is no short cut.

Since you like to blog, why not kill 2 birds with one stone. Make an effort to blog in proper English. Check your English and make the corrections before you post. I do that for every post I write, including comments. I even check my spelling and punctuation, as well the structure of my sentences before I submit. After many years it becomes a habit.

And for goodness sake, read those websites that have good English; for example; BBC Online.

Good luck. 

Posted by Lam Chun See

 
At 3/28/2006 07:02:00 AM

It was good results, you can check out mine  to realize where I stand.

Mr. Lam says what I want to say too. I do check my posts language too. It's quite a good way of improving a language. It doesn't even have to be complicated vocabulary. I just use rather easy-to-understand words due to my vocabulary limit.

I find my English improve after I blog. :) 

Posted by Mr. Dew

 
At 3/28/2006 08:45:00 AM

尽力就好了!
妈妈说ok的话,应该不会差到哪里去吧!
是不是对自己的要求太高了呢?
不管怎么样,加油喽! 

Posted by 小心

 
At 3/28/2006 03:33:00 PM

whao...result like tht still complain? good lar, push yourself more mah.
Auntie very lao-kui. 

Posted by maria @ twinsmom

 
At 3/28/2006 05:04:00 PM

成绩不错! 

Posted by moe

 
At 3/30/2006 08:30:00 PM

Dear Cockroach, do you want me to correct your English for you? I mean point out your mistakes? But then everyone will see OK? 

Posted by Lam Chun See

 
At 3/31/2006 01:51:00 AM

bloomwood, 
Thanks! My parent is proud me; but I wish to do better, because I know they work really hard to send me to school.

wai foong,
I read news online so to save money. I read CNA news online. Wan Bao and The New Paper, I find that lan. use there is not very good.

Mr. Lam,
I had make every effort to check my grammar and etc before posting using Microsoft Word and etc. But due to my limtation of English, sometimes I don't even know is the sentence structe correct or not.

Thanks for your offer! I would be happy f you point out my mistake so I can learn from it. I don't mind people seeing it. But Will it trouble you and take up your time? 

Mr. Dew,
If you were to read my post few years ago, you might find that my English is worest than now. Blogging have been helping me in spelling and etc. Microsoft word also have become my good friend to check garmatic errors.

小心,
小心是老师,应该对学生的要求很高的吧。。。我要求完美,everything must be perfect.

maria @ twinsmom
Next time your twin get this type of result, will you happy? Ha! Ha!

moe
谢谢。:) 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 3/31/2006 10:41:00 PM

No problem - just point out 1 or 2 of the basic ones> For example yr comment above:

"If you were to read my post few years ago, you might find that my English is worst than now"

Should be "worse than" not "worst than". Good-better-best; Bad-worse-worst.

"Blogging have been helping me in ...." should say;

"Blogging has helped to improve my spelling ..."

 

Posted by Lam Chun See

 
At 4/09/2006 08:40:00 AM

Lam Chun See 
Thanks for pointing out. 

Posted by Cockroach//蟑螂

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.