Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

Singapore Parent interfere too much

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:57 AM

, Last Saturday, the alarm clock rang at about 6AM.

Cockroach: “Ai yo, today Saturday, Why must I go back to school to entertain those parents?!?!”

Fair enough, I drag my foot to the school thinking “Maybe I should go, because there will be a lot of parents coming and that might have inspiration for my blog!” there; I took my camera and head to the school. (What else Blogger do? Only know how to take photos for blog…)

Singapore Parents, never fail to make me laugh. They are worry on their child which school they got into. What stream they got into. Now, they also worry about what CCA their child got into. Sometimes, I think they just interfere too much…

Case 1:
Student (Boy) handsome 1111: Mama, can join NCC or not?
Mama: Don’t want lah. March, March, March where got good? Some more you see they paint their face. Latter your skin spoil. Cannot, cannot.
Student (Boy) handsome 1111: The basketball?
Mama: Cannot… play so much basketball for what? See, your skin so dark. Latter you sweat so much latter got body odour.

Case 2:
Student (Boy) handsome 2222: I want to join NPCC!
Mama: eh… don’t want lah. You see the uniform, latter very hard to wash and iron. Unless you wash the uniform by yourself if not you don’t join uniform groups.

Case 3:
Student (Girl) HOT 3333: I want to join Girl Guild.
Mama: Cannot. You see, they do marching, marching only for guys, not for girls. You join those Chinese Dance…better.
Student (Girl) HOT 3333: But I dance like chicken dance like that…!!!

Case 4:
Student (Boy) handsome 4444: Papa, I want to join band.
Papa: Band where got good? You see they play music so loud, latter not good for your ears. Why not you join uniform group, so next time you NS better…
Student (Boy) handsome 4444: Don’t want! Not nice one…not my type…

Case 5:
This one is funny to me, seem like parents don’t understand simple English.
Mama: Ah boy, you want to join Girl Brigade or not? Last time Mama also joins this one.
Student (Boy) handsome 5555: Ai yo, mother! This one for girls to join… Can’t you see is GIRL BRIGADE?!?!
Mama: got different meh? Never mind lah…still can join.

As you can see, parents are like a weird creature. Their kids want this, but parents don’t allow. The above is just a few cases only. I didn’t touch on why some parents want their kids to join Band, Choir. Parents think that Band and Choir is for those high class people. So join will give them pride!

Worst still, some parents don’t even like all the CCA that school offer. This cannot, that cannot…Cockroach here proudly introducing a club that parents will want their kids to join if they scare their kids will have: body odour because of sport, sun because of marching, music because scare their kids will go deaf… here…I introducing a club…that the kids just go into a air-con room, sit down on a chair, and start to…start to…shake leg! Here proudly introducing Shake Leg Club! Yea, it solves the problem, isn’t it? No body odour anymore because student is in air-con room plus you don’t have to run, not even walks! Muhahahaha!!! If Shake Leg Club really exists, I’m sure most students will choose it for their first choice of CCA.

-THE END-

9 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 12:59:00 AM

why you bring camera but no photos taken? or posted???

the mother in case 5 confirm she join before girls brigade or not? her brigade got guys one ar? or issit that last time she join boys brigade instead?
Hahahahahaha!! 

Posted by GeckoZ

 
At 1/22/2006 09:20:00 AM

hahahahaha this is the funny one!

 

Posted by Dan

 
At 1/22/2006 01:48:00 PM

GeckoZ, because hor...camera now not with me.

I don't know..maybe...that mother treated her son as a girl. 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 1/22/2006 01:48:00 PM

Dan, thanks for visiting! 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 1/22/2006 03:01:00 PM

that mother treated her son as a girl????!!!!!!!!!

hope he grows up normally.....

i think other then shake leg club, "study club" should be quite popular also 

Posted by wai foong

 
At 1/22/2006 03:01:00 PM

that mother treated her son as a girl????!!!!!!!!!

hope he grows up normally.....

i think other then shake leg club, "study club" should be quite popular also 

Posted by wai foong

 
At 1/23/2006 09:05:00 AM

Shake ur leg club...i can see it now...the mom who believes in Chinese Taboos.

Boy: Ma, I wan join shake ur leg club.
Mom: "CHOI!" How can keep shaking leg. No good ah..u wan shake away ur "wealth" ah? Next time how to win 4D?
Boy: But got free air con
Mom: Free you head ah. When mom win 4d, buy u new air con also can.
BOy: =.=|| 

Posted by Wimal

 
At 1/23/2006 04:48:00 PM

Shake Leg Club? I want to join, e-mail me the form :P.

I don't know I will be that kind of mother or not in the future... I better read more of your blog, to ensure I wouldn't fall in the same catagory with them... *sigh*.. so tough being parent. 

Posted by maria aka twinsmom

 
At 1/26/2006 01:05:00 AM

wai foong, study club popular to parent, not to students. hahaha...

Wimal, Ha! Ha! Ha! Good one! You make me laught!!!

maria aka twinsmom, you not studying...maybe can send to your child if you allow. (Muahahha)

I don't think you will fall into the same catagory. I don't know. I had seen a lot of parent with different funny action. Maybe I will post them all from time to time. So this blog can also serve as a "Mirror" to parents like you! :) 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.