Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

Singapore Emergency Exercise

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Friday, December 30, 2005 4:03 AM

This news is making me so excited. I first heard this news from the T.V, but I don’t get it so I went online and check what the hell it is. Here is the news report in Channel NewsAsia, read it by clicking here.

Whooh! I am so excited on this exercise, you tell me who will get the chance to walk in the tunnel, saw blackout in MRT. People like me sure want to see this rare scene.

But, lets image, what happen if on one of the day there is a REAL attack, people will thought that it is an exercise, and worst still, taking exclusive photos for our blog and try to get tomorrow-ed.

I, personal think that the MRT tunnel will be a romantic place. Why? Reason being that tunnel is quite a dark place (Not for North-East Line), perfect place for people who like to hug and kiss at public places.

Not forgetting our Singapore Uncles (Not all) who like to spit everywhere they go. Image they spit in the tunnel, on the railway, what happen if the MRT cannot move because of their sticky plus disgusting phlegm stick on the MRT’s wheel?



Eh…this won’t happen, let’s believe in our MRT system. And I don’t think our Singapore Uncles phlegm is so sticky until it will stick onto the MRT.

And on that day, people will have a great excuse for work, girlfriend and etc…

Scenarios 1 (Actually goes and has breakfast with girlfriend):
Boss: Why you are late again? Now what time? 12PM liao leh! You don’t want to work is it?
Staff 4444: Boss, today got Emergence Exercise, my car spoil so I take MRT. Kena so unlucky the MRT stop the service because of this. I wait the shuttle bus wait until I want to sleep. So today I late because of the stupid Emergence Exercise, you cannot blame me.
Boss: you always got 101 excuses, YOU ARE FIRED!
Staff 4444: Boss, you cannot fire me. If you fire me I can go to Manpower there and complain you.
Boss: …

Scenario 2 (Actually went shopping with girlfriend 2):
Girlfriend 1: Dear, why you are late again?
Boyfriend: The emergency exercise lorh. I got stuck inside the tunnel, have to walk out. !@#$%^&*
Girlfriend 1: Ai yo, so poor thing. Then you got take money back from the MRT or not?
Boyfriend: No…can take back meh?
Girlfriend 1: Can…come; give me your Ez-link card. I help you to claim.
Boyfriend: Eh…no need to claim, just a few cents only.
Girlfriend 1: Need to claim, can save up for our wedding money.
Boyfriend, eh…no need to claim, no need to claim. Actually I lied to you. I went shopping with my other girlfriend. None of the MRT business…Opps!
Girlfriend 1: What?!?!! *Give the boyfriend 2 tight slaps, one hard kick and run away*

Anyway, in the News 5 tonight on Tuesday, they said that they will put up notices about the Emergency Exercise in MRT stations and etc. Here is how the poster looks like:

Not much people notice the poster, in fact, Staff had put up the poster at a place where nobody will going to read it, The Notice Board. Some station putted along the underground walkway where people busy walking to the station. Here is my conversation in train on Wednesday with someone:

Cockroach: You know yesterday the news said there will be an Emergency Exercise?
123: Today har? Ai yo, if like that I don’t want to go out liao, Very troublesome one leh.
Cockroach: eh… Not today. Today they just put up notice to inform your. It is the first 2 weekend of next month.
123: never give date?
Cockroach: The emergency exercise is to surprise everyone and see how fast everybody reacts. Give you’re the day will have no fun.
123: Fun your head, very troublesome one. You think its fun you go and wait during the four days lorh.
Cockroach: I wish to, but I afraid if I wait at City Hall, it happen in Raffle Place. When my train comes out from the tunnel, the tunnel got attacked. If I wait at Tampines Bus Interchange, it happens at Jurong Bus Interchange.
123: …

Okay, enough of my nonsense. I bet that out of 10 Singaporeans, only about 5 know about this Singapore Emergency Exercise. So if you don’t know, now you know. Remember to stay clam, follow instruction given, don’t busy taking photos and don’t forget to help the handicapped, children and the aged. That’s it! If you are one of the “victims” in this emergency exercise, don’t forget to tell us your experience. :p

6 Comments:

At 12/30/2005 10:35:00 AM

During the exercise...

Police: "BOMB! BOMB!"

Ordinary Folks (like us): *continues makan-ing at kopitiam* 

Posted by Brennan

 
At 12/30/2005 11:50:00 AM

Good that you are keeping up with the news! 

Posted by JC

 
At 12/30/2005 02:52:00 PM

I certainly wouldn't want to be so suay  to join in this exercise. 

Posted by todaealas

 
At 12/31/2005 02:06:00 AM

Brennan, Ha! Ha! Ha! I like it, good one!
 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 12/31/2005 02:07:00 AM

JC, I don't feel easy when I don't get the up-to-date news. I like myself to get the lastest information on what happens around the world, esspically what is happen in Singapore. 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 12/31/2005 02:08:00 AM

todaealas, join this exercise is good! You know, we must be good citizen, goverment says what, we must do what. We bust be good citzen. :p 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.