Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

Teachers do have listening comprehension

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Friday, November 25, 2005 1:22 AM

Went to mushyroomy blog and one of her post, I want to translate it and share with our English reader here. I know my translation and English isn’t very good. But, still want to share it with your.

To look at the photo or if you are Chinese reader of this blog, click here for the original blog entry by mushyroomy.
Lucas (very seriously says): Teacher, I think and think, and actually teachers also have listening comprehension.
Mushyroomy (curious): Oh, really? Why?
Lucas (says with a serious look): During our Oral examination is teacher listening comprehension, and your answer script is writing numbers.
Mushyroomy: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Cockroach says:
Em… sometimes, I think kids are clever than those grown up people. And you never know, what other joke the kid can make.


Translated with permission.

4 Comments:

At 11/25/2005 09:11:00 AM

Yes, never doubt the intelligence of some students. I enjoy learning from my students because sometimes they tell me things that I never knew.

Bilingual Fingers is both entertaining and well structured. I visit this site from time to time and I just want to tell you that I'm really glad that you are using this avenue to improve your English too!

Continue writing and read newspapers and books. 

Posted by JC

 
At 11/25/2005 10:47:00 AM

JC!!!Long time no see, how have you been?

I'm glad that you find Bilingual Fingers entertaining and well structured. :) And yup, I am reading books now. Going to talk about a book I read recently.

Best wish JC! *Hope you don't mind of my nick become cockroach* 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/25/2005 03:04:00 PM

I welcome the holidays because I get to spend more time with my family and catch up on the things I like to do. I've been reading some novels and inventing new recipes! Haha...

Yes, do share about the book that you have read. In fact, you could even start a book club during the holidays. People can talk about the good books that they've encountered.

Of course, you can have any nick you want online! Having said that, I still don't fancy a REAL cockroach coming up to me!

I'll pop by every now and then to see what you have to say. That is, if I can part with my books!

Naggy as this may sound, do continue to read up on the subjects that you are not good in so as to prepare for next year's 'N' levels. :) 

Posted by JC

 
At 11/25/2005 10:27:00 PM

Inventing new recipes? It sound cool to me. Do share your recipes if you don't mind. Cockroach here love cooking too. ;)

Starting a book club seem cool to me. But, wherether will it succssful is another story. I will think about it. It really sound cool to me.


It doesn't sound naggy. And yup, will try harder next year for N level. :) Oh yea, got th educsave letter already. Thanks JC!!!
 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.