Bilingual Fingers//双语手指

I love English & Chinese
"My life and Singapore aren't perfect"

Buying tie

posted by cockroach//蟑螂 at Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:27 AM

Bilingual Fingers//双语手指 - Ties

Today is a wasteful day. Why? I went out wanted to buy ties, but ended up get nothing home because of my mother.

I already give my mother face by going Bedok Interchange and buy. She says her friend said that there got and some places sell $5 per tie. Cockroach here also wants to save money, so went there and take a look.

Asked a few shops, they sell ties in the range of $10 to $20, which consider very cheap. So cockroach started to ask help from those shop owners, ask them to help Cockroach choose ties. But…

Cockroach: Uncle, how much is the tie?
Uncle: First time is it? Charge you $10.
Mom: Oh… (Already not happy, she wants to buy $5 tie…)
Cockroach: Eh…Uncle can help me choose, see I like it or not. I first time buy tie.
Uncle: *choose a tie with pictures of a panda eating bamboo stick*
Cockroach (Thinking): Got people wear tie that got panda eating bamboo stick pictures?
Cockroach: Don’t want!!! I don’t want picture, just normal tie will do, this look very cartoon.

Uncle: Don’t want pictures har?
Uncle: *choose again, and choose a super red tie*

Cockroach: Eh… got other type? I don’t want it too be so bright, maybe dark colours will some lines? *Actually saw a tie that I like. It is a light and dark blue with lines that make it into lots of small little square.*
Uncle: How about this one? *Uncle chooses the tie I am aiming!!!*
Cockroach: Yes, like it very much. $10 is it?
Uncle: yea, give you discount is $10.
Mom (Suddenly shouted): $10??? Cannot discount some more?
Uncle: Cannot liao lah. See *show the price tag* from $12.90 to $10, discount a lot liao leh. I see him student I discount so many.
Mom: but $10 very expensive leh.
Uncle: No lah, this one is good material, this tie no matter what won’t have folded lines. Why not discount $1 more. $9 for this tie, very cheap liao.
Mom: eh… we walk around first and come back and see want or not.
*Mom drag cockroach away.*

I want that tie! I like that tie very much! Eyeing for that for more than 1 minute! The tie design and colour represent honesty, firm, gentlemen, mature, and many more! So much that I can’t list them all. I am so dieing to get it but mom said…

Mom: Auntie Susu said our area, Tampines got $5, come here pay $10 for a tie for what? Don’t want lah, why you so stupid?
Cockroach: but where?
Mom: Don’t know leh, Auntie Susu forgot liao. She last year got buy $5 tie for his son.
Cockroach: you don’t know where, expected we look shop by shop in whole Tampines is it? And now the shop still around meh? Won’t the shop close down because of big lose?
Mom: *Scold and scold and scold…because I want that $10 tie…*

Here is the problem when Aunties believe other Aunties words. And worst, believe with no sense. Last year price can be $5, but this year GST increase, this and that increase, how can it be $5? And I don’t know where to get that $5 tie, will I like the design? Will it suit me? Where is the shop located???!!! *sigh*

Still, I ended up didn’t buying that tie, wasting one whole night hanging a round Bedok Interchange. A waste, from $12.90 to $9…maybe mom is right, maybe there is a $5 tie selling one small corner of Singapore. We shall see can we get a $5 tie or not.

13 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 01:06:00 PM

不會英文也不知道我可以讀完你的文章.我好厲害.你媽媽真的是超級師奶.甘拜下風.不過可惜你真的沒有買下來.不過你買來干嘛?我還真不知道有真便宜的.我每次看到的都是$20-30 以上. 

Posted by 豬女

 
At 11/22/2005 01:07:00 PM

不會英文也不知道我可以讀完你的文章.我好厲害.你媽媽真的是超級師奶.甘拜下風.不過可惜你真的沒有買下來.不過你買來干嘛?我還真不知道有真便宜的.我每次看到的都是$20-30 以上.

 
At 11/22/2005 02:05:00 PM

later go out go there buy it and hide it from ur mom!!!!

anyway, u need tie for wad ar? i untill now haven buy any tie other then school tie leh. 

Posted by 壁虎

 
At 11/22/2005 05:38:00 PM

豬女, 你不会英文?你在MSN更我讲英文的。。。 说真的,我这个老妈真的是超級師奶,很会bargain,更她一起出门,买东西一定会有很多折扣。哈哈哈!你应该是在扩务中心看到那些里带。那里的里带很贵的!!! 有一次,在City hall那里看到一条里带要SGD$ 199.99!在那些邻里买会比较便宜。SGD$ 10就有了。 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/22/2005 05:41:00 PM

壁虎 and 豬女, I need tie to attend a thing, need to wear formal clothes with tie. Plus, I will be visiting somewhere ferquently that not allow me wear T-Shirt with short pants. Must wear offcie image type.  

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/22/2005 11:04:00 PM

wah~~ somebody so professional sia~~
hahaha!! 

Posted by 壁虎

 
At 11/22/2005 11:06:00 PM

Who? Who professional??? Ha! ha!Ha! 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/22/2005 11:58:00 PM

you lar, like working in CBD liddat!!
hahahaha~~ 

Posted by 壁虎

 
At 11/23/2005 12:39:00 AM

What is CBD???Never heard before. 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/23/2005 11:18:00 AM

Hahaha...your mom really good in bargaining lor, good what, save you $10 already,hahaha... 

Posted by Maria aka Twinsmom

 
At 11/23/2005 11:32:00 AM

But need tie on this sunday liao leh!!! 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 
At 11/23/2005 06:44:00 PM

THE DEFINITION OF CBD 

In Singapore... 

CBD = Central Business District

In medicine...

CBD = Common Bile Duct

=P

 

Posted by 小嫒

 
At 11/24/2005 02:43:00 PM

小嫒, hahaha, luckly I take bio as my subject, if not don't know what is Common Bile Duct.hahaha. So I think Lizard is trying to said "Central Business District" not "Common Bile Duct" how can I work in Common Bile Duct???hahaha 

Posted by cockroach//蟑螂

 

:
:
:

<< Home

Cockroach//蟑螂

A guy who lives in a small island call “Singapore” where through his everyday life, he found that life isn’t perfect.

Creative Commons License
Except stated otherwise, content of this site is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.